We have implemented the following measures as to our practice:
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES:
- Prescreening COVID-19 questions and temperature check prior to the appointments. If the patient has a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other COVID-19 symptoms, the appointment will be rescheduled.
- Requesting that everyone wears masks inside the clinic.
- Updating our online booking software to allow patients to fill out online intake forms to minimize stay in the waiting room.
- Installing a wash sink in our office. Every patient needs wash their hands before entering the treatment room.
- Extended appointment times allow for sanitizing rooms after each visit.
- All chairs and tables are covered by vinyl with a disposable sheet on top of it.
- All chairs/ tables are a minimum of 8 feet apart
- Minimizing non-clinical ‘touch’ interactions (wireless pay options, e-receipts, touchless trash cans and paper towel dispensers)
- Placing an air purifier in treatment room, opening window periodically.
- All Frequently touched areas are being disinfected multiple times a day
- Staff daily health screening and temperature checks.
- Signs around the office encourage social distancing.
As alway, we will follow clean needle technique in our acupuncture practice, clean with bleach or autoclave cupping after each use. I am proud to say we have met all of Government requirements prior to reopening and I have instituted more than what is required.
- In keeping with our mission to provide accessible acupuncture for all, we are keeping our fees at $25-55 for now, despite having to lower our patient volume and added operating expenses. We ask that if you have not been negatively impacted financially by COVID-19 to consider paying at a higher rate on the scale in order to help us continue with our mission and support those who have been impacted.
- Late cancellation fee has raised to $20.
SICK/SYMPTOMATIC PATIENT POLICY:
If you are feeling sick or experience any COVID-19 symptoms (See below), please cancel your appointment. Please stay home and contact your primary care physician. There’s no fee for cancelling if you’re sick, but please contact us as soon as possible!
- Fever equal to or above 100.4°F
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches that aren’t caused by specific activity such as exercise
- Loss of taste or smell
ONLINE BOOKING SOFTWARE UPDATE:
We have switched to a new online schedule software named Jane!
Here are some of Jane’s great features:
- Send COVID-19 screening form automatically at same day of appointment
- New patients can fill intake form online to minimize time staying in the waiting room.
- Now accepting credit cards, including HSA/FSA cards and patient can update credit information anytime in their account.
- Choose text and/or email appointment reminders.
- Patients can check future appoints when log in.
If you have more questions on how we are keeping you and your family safe in our clinic, please call us at 203-465-9366.
Thank you for your continuous support!