Preparing for Your Treatment
• This is a community acupuncture clinic. You will receive your acupuncture treatment in a large, quiet room. We will speak in whispers and keep our talking to a minimum to maintain quiet and peace.
• Please wear comfortable and loose fitting clothing that can roll easily above your elbows and knees.
• Please download the forms and bring the packet to your appointment. Otherwise, you can arrive 15 mins earlier to fill them at the clinic.
• We take cash and checks only (no credit or debit cards). Payment is due at the time of service.
• Please allot 60-90 minutes for your first visit. This includes time for an initial intake and acupuncture treatment.
On the Day of Your First Treatment
• Make sure you have eaten before acupuncture when your appointment is about time to have meal. Acupuncture on an empty stomach might lead to dizziness or nausea.
• Your acupuncturist will review your health history, answer any questions that you may have, and create a treatment plan for you.
• Then your acupuncturist will bring you to treatment room. Please remove your shoes and socks, roll your clothes above your elbows and knees and relax.
• After the needles are inserted, you can close your eyes and relax. We recommend staying for at least 30 minutes, although 45 minutes to an hour is even better.
• We only have part-time receptionists to keep our costs low. If there is no receptionist when you arrive, please read the sign on the front desk for instructions.
Can I expect immediate relief? Do I need to go home and have a rest after acupuncture treatment ?
Everyone is different. Many people experience relief from chronic pain after first session, but some people might need more treatments before they feel difference. Acupuncture is a process. Often, patients experience general relaxation and feel more energized as well as calmer following their session.
You can resume normal activities after acupuncture treatment. We recommend not doing anything too extreme (such as vigorous exercise, sauna, or cold plunge) on the same day.